To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
Park vehicle passes are required for all events at North Dakota and Minnesota state parks. Vehicle passes are $7 daily and $35 annually in both states.
• Jan. 12-14: Minnesota Monster Buck Classic, Perham Community Center, 620 Third Ave. SE, Perham, Minn. Show hours 1 to 9 p.m. Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Jan. 13 and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 14. Info: mnmonsterbuckclassic.com.
• Jan. 13: Winter Festival, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Chalet, Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Events on tap include snowball target challenge, sledding challenge, snowman building and more. Info: Turtle River State Park, (701) 594-4445.
• Jan. 13: Brrrmidji Kids Can Ice Fish, 1 to 2:30 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. For young anglers age 8 to 15 years old. Info: (218) 308-2300.
• Jan. 13: The Amazing Winter Treasure Hunt, 1:30 to 2 p.m., Itasca State Park. Meet at the Visitor Center. Info: (218) 699-7251 or email@example.com.
• Jan. 20: Lake Region Sportsmen's Club Rifle Raffle and Hunt. Registration from 6 to 8 a.m. at Cenex West in Devils Lake. Entry fee $10 per hunter (rabbit, fox, coyote); includes raffle. Drawing at Ty's Lodge, U.S. Highway 2 East, Devils Lake. Tickets available at Devils Lake Gerrells, Ace Hardware, from any club member or at the hunt registration. Info: Larry Weigel, (701) 351-4090.
• Jan. 20: Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Lake Bronson State Park, Minn. Meet at the Visitor Center, where snacks and refreshments will be available. Info: (218) 754-2200.
• Jan. 20: Candlelight Ski, 6 to 9 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Info: (218) 308-2300.
• Jan. 27: Candlelight Snowshoe, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Hayes Lake State Park, Minn. Meet at the picnic shelter. Info: (218) 425-7504.
• Jan. 27: Lantern lit Snowshoe and Ski Event, 5 to 7:30 p.m., Itasca State Park. Meet at the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center. Limited snowshoes available on a first-come, first-served basis. Info: (218) 699-7251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Feb. 3: Sixth annual AK Vintage Snowmobile Show, Blue Moose, East Grand Forks. Registration from 8 to 11 a.m., $5 per entry. Silent auction-raffle from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., swap meet from 8 to 4:30 p.m., and an awards presentation at 3:30 p.m. Weather permitting, there'll be a vintage sled run beginning at 12:30 p.m. Info: Al Seydel, (701) 740-7552; Merlyn Werner, (218) 779-6161; or Kyle Kozel, (218) 779-9101.
• Feb. 3: David Johnson Vintage Sno-Cat Spectacular, Pioneer Farm, 2 miles west of Roseau on state Highway 11. Registration starts at 9 a.m., and a Legends ceremony is scheduled for noon, followed by an Arctic Cat vs. Polaris "grudge race" at 1:30 p.m., a parade at 2 p.m. and awards at 3:30 p.m. Info: (218) 244-8092 or email@example.com.
• Feb. 3: Candlelight Ski/Snowshoe Hike, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park, Minn. A limited number of skis and snowshoes will be available from the Zippel Bay State Park Friends group. Info: (218) 647-8592.
• Feb. 25: Wild Outdoors Women (WOW) Weekend, Lake Metigoshe State Park. Outdoor learning event for women 16 and older who wish to learn or improve on outdoor skills associated with several outdoor recreational activities. Register by Jan. 22 at parkrec.nd.gov; registration fee $20 to $85 per session, depending on the activity. Info: Amy Schimetz, Lake Metigoshe State Park, (701) 263-4515.
• Feb. 3: Red River Chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation 28th annual big game banquet, Alerus Center Ballroom, Grand Forks. Doors open at 5 p.m., with dinner to follow at 7 p.m. Info: Paul Eslinger, (701) 202-0196.
• Jan. 27: 34th annual Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department Ice Fishing Tournament, 1 to 3:30 p.m., Six-Mile Bay on Devils Lake. Ticket information: Devils Lake Volunteer Fire Department, (701) 662-3913; more than $325,000 in prizes. Additional info: dlvfdicefishingtourney.com.
• Feb. 3: Darkhouse spearfishing workshop, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Upper Souris National Wildlife Refuge office northwest of Minot. Registration is limited to 18 participants, with a minimum age of 12. Cost of the workshop is $25, and all equipment is provided. Info/registration: Brian Schaffer, Game and Fish Department education coordinator, (701) 328-6312. Online registration is not available.
• Feb. 17: Springsteel Resort and Warroad Chamber of Commerce Ice Fishing Derby, noon to 4 p.m., Lake of the Woods near Springsteel north of Warroad, Minn. Tickets: $20 per person, available at local businesses or the day of the derby. More than $30,000 in prizes. Info: https://visitwarroad.com/fishing-tournaments.
Permit to Carry
• Jan. 28: North Dakota Class I & II Permit to Carry training, 8 a.m., Hampton Inn, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674;permittocarry.org.
• Jan. 28: 2 for 1 Minnesota Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Laura Ramirez, (218) 252-1631; permittocarry.org.
• Feb. 18: North Dakota Class I & II Permit to Carry training, 8 a.m., Hampton Inn, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
• Feb. 18: 2 for 1 Minnesota Permit to Carry training, 11 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela's. Info: Laura Ramirez, (218) 252-1631; permittocarry.org.